5 comments 18.2.11

Do we need armpit hair?

Posted by Miss Fong - Filed under , , ,
Lately, I listed a few things online on various buy/sell websites in HK trying to get rid of some junk in my apartment. Most of the items are gadget-related, like an electronic ENG/CHI dictionary, compact prosumer camera, iPhone4 case and a bluetooth headset (*hint hint* contact me if interested ;). I thought, since I never (and I mean never) use them, why not sell them to someone who might make better use of them, right?

The problem is, once people start calling me and making offers for my items, I immediately get all wishy-washy about whether I really want to sell it, since their sudden interest proves that what I've got is pretty damn hot and in demand! Naturally, I set the price high so it's above what they wanna pay, so then I feel pretty good that I get to keep something that other people want. Stupid, huh?

I guess it's also a matter of wondering whether you are getting rid of something that might actually come into use later (a typical thought for any packrat, I suppose). But then, this thought came up again when I was about to book an appointment for my first laser hair removal treatment, specifically for the underarms.

Suddenly, I found myself thinking, 'Sh*t, this is permanent man...NO more underarm hair in the future...so be 100% sure that this is what you want. Now, do you foresee any situation in the future where you might wish you still had underarm hair?'

After thinking long and hard, I couldn't think of any reason not to get rid of it, so I went ahead and booked my appointment. I can still cancel though, so if you know of any compelling reasons for having armpit hair, please let me know and I'll reconsider. :)

Zap or Keep?
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep.

Anonymous said...

Well it seems some european cultures view female underarm hair as ok and decent. From this viewpoint, the barbie doll fixation of grown women having no body hair may be considered immature and uncultured.

If you can possibly change your standpoint in the future, you might like to keep.

Miss Fong said...

Good point, Anonymous...there could be a day when body hair might come back in style, and then I'll need to get hair implants, clip-on hair or spray-on hair just to fit in again...eeks!

Unknown said...

Hahaha, let me know when that day happens.

I will start a fake armpit hair business.

Laser Hair Removlal Manhattan said...

Save money and time. Think of the money and time you will save by not having to remove hair the rest of your life. Even after paying for the laser hair removal treatment, you will probably be ahead.