2 comments 23.7.11

I'm a coral mutant

Posted by Miss Fong - Filed under , , ,
So, I've spoken to a few other divers about my "ocean revelation" and I seem to be the only one who's become this affected by all the fish and underwater creatures I saw. While everyone raves about how awesome diving is, not too many emerge from the water with a new life mission: to save the ocean...and the world!! (OK, one thing at a time.)

I'm not exactly sure why I'm this moved either, since I was the one going, "What's wrong with the ocean?" just a few weeks ago. It was only when my knees started itching that I realised what might be going on.

When I was diving, I couldn't quite control my buoyancy, which meant that I was either hovering near the surface like a hot-air balloon or dragging my knees along the corals or ocean bottom as a disapproving turtle watched on.

When I came back on land, I found a bunch of small scrapes on my knees and legs that started to itch like mad when I returned to Hong Kong. Not knowing what to do, I self-diagnosed myself with Google and found out I had a coral rash, which meant that bits of coral had actually embedded themselves into my legs, spreading into my bloodstream, my brain, and slowly transforming me into a half-coral-half-woman!!


OK, fine, maybe it's just my imagination but it definitely explains what's going on, doesn't it? (For the record, my legs are back to normal now and look nothing like coral -- PHEW! -- but I've still got coral on the mind.) I've even booked my next diving trip already, yippy! :)
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

jisampedro said...

Which will be your next diving trip? I got my PADI OW some months ago but since then I didn´t have chance to dive again, but I really miss it. Hope I can do something about it soon.

Glad you didn´t become coral-woman :D

Miss Fong said...

I'm going to Bali next to swim with the mola mola (sunfish)! How about you?

PS. I only turn into Coral Woman when I don't get my daily quota of cookies.