7 comments 28.7.11

Tips for secretaries: When to order water

Posted by Miss Fong - Filed under , , , ,
I always thought being a secretary was pretty damn easy. All you have to do is answer the phone, order birthday cakes occasionally and watch YouTube (or YouKu) for the rest of the day.

I guess our secretary's got it extra hard though because she also has to make sure we have enough drinking water in the office, which isn't always the case. In fact, there's already been two incidents when the water's ran out, and wouldn't be delivered for another few days.

Every time this happens, I'm quite annoyed since we already don't have a pantry, fridge or tea lady to clean our mugs, but we should, at the very least, have a steady supply of water, right? Sure, I could go out and buy myself a bottle but that's a) environmental UNfriendly and b) a waste of my hard earned money!

Since I understand that not everyone in this world has a working brain, I've created a series of what I hope are easy to understand pictures to help our dear secretary know when to order water:



If there are two full bottles of water in addition to the one in the machine, there is NO NEED to order water yet.


If there is one full bottle of water and still some water left in the machine, make a mental note that you MAY need to order water soon whilst keeping one eye on the water level in the existing bottle.

If you have two empty bottles and a full bottle in the machine, it's TIME to place an order for water. Yes, it may seem that there's a lot of water left, but it's 35+ freakin' degrees outside and you've got a lot of sweaty, thirsty and parched workers in the office. So place the order NOW already!!

If every water bottle including the one in the machine is empty, you're TOO F@#KING LATE! Once again, you have amazed us with your stupidity and lack of brain cells!!

I hope this is clear and helps all the secretaries out there. For more information, check out my book "7 Habits of Highly Brainless Secretaries" coming out this fall.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I feel so thankful that our office is always stocked with steady supply of water, auto delivered every morning by Watsons guys who always seem to be in a hurry...

Jason said...

haha ... such simple task yet so hard to master! it all comes down to laziness I think LOL

Miss Fong said...

@Mochachocolata yes, never take for granted that you have a smart secretary ;)

@Jason I don't think she drinks much water herself, maybe that's why!

thedeadcockroach said...

I thought secretaries only need to sit on their bosses' laps, file their nails and answer the phone occasionally?

I've watched too much Wong Jing cheap flicks. Lol!

Javier I. Sampedro said...

I am the one who have to place the order and always check how many bottles left, though happened twice I didn´t calculate good enough and we were one day without water. Just went to nearby supermarket and bought two 5L bottle and fill the machine :D

Always order at least four when the last bottle has been placed in the machine.

Hope secretary understands the graphic. She may contact me if she needs help, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Micromanagement is the key to a functioning office in HK :D

Alfred Kee said...

LOL...I can't wait for your book to be published. You really should do it, I hope you're not just being a tease.